Pelikan K200 Green Marbled Ballpoint Pen
Pelikan, simply the German spelling of ‘pelican’, was founded in 1838 by chemist Carl Hornemann in Hanover, Germany, initially as an ink factory. Guenther Wagner took over the company in 1871 and seven years later, the titular pelican logo, with its four chicks below it, was designed and trademarked - one of the first trademarks in Germany.
Though they had created a range of inks for every use (everyday writing ink, indelible bookkeeping ink, and even perfumed ink specifically formulated for female customers), Pelikan had not yet created a pen, and so in 1929 they produced their first, simply known as the ‘Pelikan Fountain Pen'. With a slick green barrel and black cap, it’s piston-fill technology and transparent ink window were revolutionary for the time, and a real game changer for fountain pen design.
Body Material: Resin with 24k gold trim
Mechanism: Retractable push button
Refill type: Pelikan 337 or any other Parker style refill like the one here
Dimensions: Length: 13.3cm
Included: Presentation box and pouch, black refill