Choosing Keeping Terms of Service Agreement
This agreement was last modified on March 26th 2020
Please read in full these Terms of Service when using ChoosingKeeping.com which is owned and operated by Choosing Keeping Ltd, the premises of which is 21a Tower Street, London, WC2H 9NS. This Agreement outlines and documents the terms and conditions attached to the use of ChoosingKeeping.com (the Website) which are legally binding.
By accessing the Site in any way (placing orders, viewing or browsing the Site, or otherwise using our services) you accept and agree to be bound by the terms of the following Agreement. Furthermore by using these services you will be subject to any stated guidelines or rules applicable. By accessing the Site you are participating in our services which constitutes acceptance of the Agreement; if you do not agree to abide by these terms kindly do not use this service.
2. Whilst we strive to make the information on the Site as informative and accurate as possible, we are not liable for any inaccuracies or omissions of any information on the site. Please be aware that aesthetic changes in manufacture can occur and whilst our images are taken of and represent the product as closely as possible, and the basic functionality is preserved, we are not responsible for small changes in colour and materials.
3. Please note that images may not always be to scale so be sure to check the product description for dimensions and other product specifications. Furthermore whilst we make every attempt to faithfully represent our products in photography, these are without liability and colours can vary slightly from computer to computer due to screen colour calibration. For further information or clarification on any of our products don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
4. This Site and all of its original content are the sole property of Choosing Keeping Ltd and are, as such, fully protected by the relevant international copyright and other intellectual properly rights laws. As such they cannot, including images and written information, be reproduced without express permission.
5. For press enquiries or other queries in regards to using our material please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. All orders are packed and shipped upon receipt of payment; if a payment method is declined or found to be fraudulent we are unable to ship the items.
7. For ecological and financial reasons, we are unable to accept any orders under the value of £10 (not including shipping). Any orders placed not meeting this minimum will be canceled and refunded. You will receive a notification of cancellation to explain this.
8. Payments placed through the website are handled securely by Shopify Payments: Choosing Keeping does not handle or hold any credit card information for orders placed online. If you would prefer to place an order over the phone you can do so by calling us at 020 7613 3842.
9. Whilst we strive to make sure that the website is up to date and accurate, if, exceptionally, we are are out of stock of the product you have purchased we will call or e-mail you to notify you of the situation and offer a refund, later delivery date or recommend an alternative product. You may be asked for additional shipment costs if you choose to receive a product as a back order.
10. In the event that a product on our website has variations or alternative designs (for example, many of our notebooks are made from a wide variety of papers and as such we are not able to photograph every individual design) we will send you an e-mail with relevant options for you to choose from; whilst we will be sure to follow up over the phone, if you do not respond to us within 72 hours we will assume, in order to get your items shipped promptly, that you are happy for us to choose a design. This will be explained in the product page of relevant products.
Refund and Returns Policy
11. As per UK Consumer Contracts regulation (formerly Distance Selling regulation) if for any reason you are unhappy with your order or if you have changed your mind, any product can be sent back for an exchange or full refund within our 14 day returns and exchange period (which starts the day after you receive your order or attempted delivery is made).
12. Before sending back please email us to notify us at email@example.com of your return request; items can only be returned once the request is approved.
13. Any returned item must be sent back in the same condition in which it was received, taking care to ensure to pack the items carefully to remove the possibility of damage.
14. We are unable to accept returned items that have been in some way damaged or used.
15. Please note that any outgoing and return postage costs incurred in an exchange or return are at the buyer’s cost. In the case of an international order, local imports costs (taxes and charges) will not be refunded.
16. Where complimentary gift wrapping has been added to the order, in case of return, a £2 fee will be deducted from the refund total. Where complimentary shipping has been offered, in case of return, cost of shipping will be deducted from the refunded total.
17. We also reserve the right to refuse returned dated items. In the case of diaries, once the year of the diary has started, as per UK Consumer Contracts regulation (formerly Distance Selling regulation).
18. Please note that any items purchased to feature as a prop in commercial photography or film, whether published or not, is deemed to have been purchased for commercial use as a B2B transaction and therefore does not fall under UK consumer contract regulation and as such we cannot accept a return.
Faulty goods or erroneously sent goods
19. If you have received any damaged or faulty items, or if your order is wrong or incomplete please let us know at your earliest convenience at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will rectify the situation.
20. In case of items received damaged (in transit for example) this must be reported within 24h of receipt. Please inspect your order before use as we cannot accept any goods damaged in transit once they have been used. Equally were goods received are wrong and do not match what was ordered this must be reported to us on reception; any product sent in error or not matching your order must be returned in unused condition if it is to be exchanged.
21. Where goods have been sent as a gift to a third party recipient the same above terms and conditions apply. We advise that you inform the recipient of the order to expect delivery and that you should follow delivery progress, where tracking is available, to ensure the order is safely received.
22. Any orders sent as a gift to a third party where goods are received damaged or are incorrect must be reported on reception or within 24h of receipt.
23. We ship to all worldwide destinations using a combination of UK Royal Mail and DHL courier service. The chosen service can be selected upon checkout and delivery costs can also be calculated ahead of time in the shopping cart page.
24. Please note that delivery times do not include picking and packing time allowance. We aim to dispatch orders within 48 hours. However please note that at busy shopping periods dispatch can take an extra few days.
25. Orders placed after 1pm on Fridays and at the weekend will be dispatched on Monday at the earliest.
26. Next day delivery service for the UK is available but the order must be placed before 1pm and will be delivered the next working day. Please note that this service is only applicable to weekdays; we do not ship orders at the weekend. Orders shipped on Friday using this service will be delivered on Monday.
27. Whilst the best efforts are made to meet delivery deadlines, delays outside of our control may happen and any delay will not incur any liability to Choosing Keeping. If you do have a delivery deadline please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and we will try our hardest to meet it.
28. We are not responsible for items that have been returned to us due to unsuccessful delivery; in the case that an order is unexpectedly returned to the shop we will be in touch and if you would like the order to be redelivered we can arrange repayment for the shipping of your choice.
29. In the instance that a product is damaged or lost in transit please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience and, if applicable, we will be able to place a claim with the relevant parties and subsequently reship or refund your order according to the insurance rates outlined below.
30. While we give the option of using Royal Mail or DHL, for logistical reasons, we will use our discretion to make delivery most efficient and we may trade DHL for Royal Mail or vice versa. The available shipping services and rates can be worked out using the shipping rate calculator in the shopping basket.
31. Royal Mail is available for domestic customers only and only for packages that have an actual or volumetric weight below 2kg. We offer the following Royal Mail services:
a/ Royal Mail 1st class; an untracked service which is insured up to £20.
b/ Royal Mail 1st class signed for; a fully trackable service which is insured up to £50
c/ Royal Mail Guaranteed by 1pm special delivery; a fully trackable next day service which is insured up to £50 with higher levels of insurance available upon request.
available for all orders worldwide.
32. DHL Express is a fully couriered service available for all orders worldwide. For domestic orders it functions as a next day service, with shipping rates calculated upon checkout.
33. For international orders the delivery date varies depending on the distance and remoteness of the delivery address but still functions as a comparatively fast service; shipping to New York for example using this method would arrive only 2 days after the shipment date; to South Korea it could take 3-4 days.
33. For ecological reasons, if an order is over 2kg in actual or volumetric weight only DHL Express shipping will be available.
34. DHL Express is a fully couriered door to door service which has a standard liability up to £9 per kg for road travel; £19 per kg for air travel. Full insurance is also available upon request at email@example.com
31. We also offer a DHL Global Mail service for international customers who do not need the fully couriered DHL Express option. This is a service where in the order is first shipped using DHL to a sorting facility in Frankfurt before it is redistributed to the final destination, using your countries national postal service.
32. For DHL Global Mail compensation is available as standard up to £30.
33. For all shipping methods higher levels of insurance are available at extra cost on request.
34. In the case of a missing package in most instances we will be able to refund you the relevant amount, which is worked out based on actual cost to us as well as the insurance provided by the shipping service chosen, and process a claim for compensation for the missing items which will be paid to us.
35. Please note that customers outside of the European Union (EU) may be required to pay local customs or duty charges; these are not included in your payment to us.
36. In the case where local import taxes and charges have been levied but failed to be paid by the customer and the parcel is returned to us, we will be entitled to deduct the cost of recovering the parcel from the amount to be re-credited to you. If the parcel is not or cannot be returned due to unpaid local import charges and taxes, no refund will be applicable.
Notification of changes
37. Please note that the company, Choosing Keeping Ltd, reserves the right to change the terms stated above at any time it sees fit and continued use of the Site and services indicates acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions about the above please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 21a Tower Street, London, WC2H 9NS.